Cauliflower Pizza Crust



I've admitted this here before, but I'll say it again.  I'm not a veggie fan.  I have to hide them from myself to get them in.  This cauliflower pizza crust is the perfect way to do that!  It's easy and healthy and super versatile.  I combined a couple of recipes to do this and I feel like I'm still perfecting my version but a couple of you have asked for it so here it is!

1 medium cauliflower
2 T chopped parsley
2 T Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder

Your first step is to shred the cauliflower.  There are two ways to do this.  The easiest way is in the food processor.  If you don't have one you can definitely use a grater.  But a food processor is much easier.  Honestly if you don't have a little one at this point I would suggest purchasing one. You can get a cheap version for around twenty dollars.  

So, after you've pulsed your cauliflower you want to microwave it for about 4 minutes.  Take it out and place it in the refrigerator.  You want it to cool down enough so it doesn't scramble the egg when you mix it together!

While you are waiting shred your mozzarella cheese (we always purchase block cheese because it doesn't have any additives) and chop your parsley.  If you love parsley you can add more!

After you cauliflower cools mix in your beaten egg, cheese and spices.  You only need about 3 cups of cauliflower.  If you have extra you can add in more cheese and an additional egg.  

Take a piece of parchment paper and place it on a baking sheet.  Spray it with non-stick pray (we use coconut oil).  Spread your mixture out.  Make sure it's thin and even.

Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes.  Take it out of the over and add your ingredients.  Bake for another 10 minutes.

I've made this three times in the past week.  The first time my ratio was around 2.5-3 cups of cauliflower.  I also made sure I spread the mixture very thinly on the parchment paper.  The crust came out much better this way.  It's important to let the crust cook without ingredients until it is totally done.  Otherwise it is really crumbly and not really crust-like.  

You can mix up this recipe by adding other spices or cheeses to your crust.  Try goat cheese or even feta and make a mexican pizza!  I love this alternative and next time I'm going to try to make mini-pizzas.  I think smaller amounts will make the crust even more crust-like!

Let me know if you try it!

Comments

Popular Posts